As I’m not feeling too creative in my writing right now, a bullet post it is:
* I’ve noticed a lot of people cleaning up the streets these days. People with handmade brooms sweeping the sides of the roads, picking up garbage, cleaning out ditches, and the concrete medians have been weeded and new plants installed. Wonder what’s up?
* R’s brother J is in a bit of trouble these days. He’s currently on the lam. It seems he was involved in the selling of something forbidden in these parts. We don’t know for sure yet if he was indeed guilty of it or not but the fact that he’s made himself scarce lends some credence to guilt. However, given the flawful criminal justice system here, I wouldn’t blame him for going away even if he was innocent.
* “I” continues to have spousal issues. She hid her cell phone here the other day so that her inebriated husband wouldn’t be able to get his hands on it. Alcoh*l is so dangerous for the locals as they are super quickly addicted. Her dad is also making her life difficult and leaning towards kicking her out of his house. Not sure why. Please continue to pray for her.
* Last Friday was fun fest up at the school. Each class runs a game or two and kids can win candy. All the children of the national workers up at the school are invited to participate.
* Last Friday we also expanded our family by one… see photo below in slideshow to meet Oreo… It was a gift from R and V to Mikah.