* Last week we enjoyed the elementary school Christmas concert. The kids all looked so cute up there and sang so well.
* The power has been rather, well, powerless as of late. We’ve had brown outs and power outs including a nine hour power outage on the day we had our church over for the early Christmas Eve service. Some conspiracy theorists feel it has something to do with the constant Christmas (and not so Christmas) music being played at all hours…
* The plane that was stuck interior is now in safely here for repairs. I will post some photos later.
* There was another plane crash on Saturday. One of the other orgs here lost a pilot when his plane went down on take-off. Sad.
* Hugo has just found out that he’s been approved for his AME M1 license. For those of you not familiar with aviation lingo, he’s now a certified aircraft mechanic for general aviation. The process to obtain this has been fairly lengthy (just over 2 years). He started doing his theory through an online school before we went on furlough. While on furlough he completed the course. Then he studied for and passed four Canada Transport exams. The last one done just days before departing Canada. Once we had returned here, he needed to complete an extensive list of tasks and have them signed off by a licensed mechanic. Once that was done, he sent the logbook to Transport Canada for approval. I’m so proud of my man!
* Tomorrow is the kids final day of school before the Christmas break. Then we look forward to the arrival of Hugo’s parents on Friday! Yay!