* You’ve probably experienced family game night by candlelight.
* Your kids play includes: “I’ll pretend to have malaria and you make my blood slide…” or ” I’m the mom and you’re the pembantu (househelper).”
* The local pool rules include “No coconuts in the pool.”
* You wash and re-use Ziplock bags.
* You’ve made vanilla extract from scratch.
* You’ve had someone come to your door with a tree kangaroo in his backpack which he attempts to sell to you.
* You’ve consumed both expired medicines and food.
* You know how to treat worms, amoeba, malaria and dengue fever…
* You’ve had an alligator in your driveway…
* Your church has a leaky roof and no bathroom.
* Your anniversary dinner is at one of the nicest restaurants around, a half hours drive away, Pizza Hut.
* Special gifts are purchased online and schlepped across the ocean by kindly folks.
* You have a 25 kg bag of flour in your freezer.
* You become a bit of a hoarder…
* You want Dorito’s so bad you can almost taste them even though the nearest bag is a 1000 kilometers away…
* You get new clothes when people leave the mission field and sell all their old stuff.
* You feel like you’re always saying good-bye to someone… 😦